Saturday, February 15, 2014

Lady Bedford's Tea Parlour

http://www.ladybedfords.com                                                                  Pinehurst, NC
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lady-Bedfords-Tea-Parlour-and-Gift-Shoppe/132016440171670

The tea room itself was as you would hope: pastel colors and a Victorian feel.  The room filled up as we were there between couples and small parties.  The ladies who served us were attentive and sweet.  The food came out quickly and was tasty.

Steve got a Tuna Salad sandwich on a croissant with fresh fruit.  It tasted how a tuna salad sandwich should taste.  There was a good portion of tuna on the sandwich, but he would have liked more fruit.

I got the Tea Plate that came with a bowl of soup, a selection of tea sandwiches, pastries and tea.  I chose the Provence Tea with lavender.  Although I didn't taste all that much lavender, it was quite nom.



Steve was really disappointed that the $3 lemonade was a mix.  With my Tea Plate, I was expecting larger portions or a greater assortment of noms.  (I wanted to share more things with Steve). For the price, we expected more food, or more from the food; some thing to elevate it: herbs, finer bread and pastries.

Altogether, it was a lovely experience though, and I am looking forward to bringing my mom back.

We give it 3+ noms out of five, but one goat for the lemonade
(Bad form for a mix)



  

No comments:

Post a Comment